Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
Your comfort and safety are important while you recover at home. The Durable Medical Equipment (DME) department of Leon at Home is here to help you do just that.
When your doctor orders items to aid your recovery, Leon at Home will deliver them. Some common items include:
- Oxygen supplies
- Infusion supplies
- Hospital beds
- Patient lifts
- Sleep therapy equipment
- Other medical supplies
24/7 Customer Service, Prompt Delivery
Leon at Home’s Durable Medical Equipment (DME) department is the exclusive Home Medical and Respiratory Equipment provider for Leon Medical Centers and Leon Medical Centers Health Plan patients. The services and equipment we provide are based on your medical needs to help you convalesce in the comfort of your own home.
We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. That means we can process and deliver your equipment quickly — often in the same day.
Your DME Care Team
Leon at Home’s DME team works together around the clock to respond to you quickly and teach you about the equipment you’ll be using at home.
- Patient Care Representatives promptly process orders from our centers or
- Patient Care Technicians make sure that you, your family or other caregivers know how to properly use and maintain each item or service we deliver. They ensure you receive the highest quality care and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Registered and certified Respiratory Therapists set up clinical respiratory equipment, such as CPAP, BiPAP and ventilators. They will review your plan of care with you, and train you and your caregivers on how to use, care for and maintain the equipment.
- Warehouse and dispatch teams work behind the scenes to make sure the visiting staff has everything they need to effectively provide, “Personal attention at all times.”
When you call, we will be here.
Our Patient Care Technicians will deliver, set up and teach you how to use and care for your equipment. While they are there they will:
- Make sure you and your caregivers are comfortable using the equipment.
- Ensure you understand why it’s important for you to comply with the treatment your doctor ordered.
- Ask you to show them what you learned. They will stay with you until they’re sure you understand how to use all the equipment.
As part of our Fall Prevention and Safety Program, our Patient Care Technicians will assess your home to make sure it safe for you to use the equipment your doctor ordered.
If any issues with or questions about your equipment, help is just a phone call away. We will send a Patient Care Technician to your home to troubleshoot, repair or replace your medical equipment if needed.
When your doctor decides that you will benefit from a piece of medical equipment, he or she will order it right away. Our electronic ordering system makes it fast and easy. We can deliver items to your home the same day if necessary.
We are always looking for ways to help you properly use your equipment and know when an intervention might be needed. That’s why we’re using new technology that sends information about your therapy to Leon so that it’s quickly available to your doctor and care team. Right now, we use this technology with our sleep therapy equipment. We’re exploring future applications for this technology with items such as:
- Blood pressure monitors
- Blood sugar monitors
- Weight scales