It’s common to have more urinary, bladder or kidney problems as we age. But you don’t have to accept discomfort as your new normal. Many of these conditions can be treated. The urology specialists at Leon Medical Centers offers the most advanced treatments for general urologic conditions and urologic cancers. We provide care care under one roof in our soothing, supportive environment.
Leon Medical Centers is your unique place for care. Here, you get:
- Specialty Urology providers that include Leon Medical Centers Urologists, contracted independent specialists in urology, nurse practitioners, and urology-trained medical assistants. You’ll have access to board-certified urologists and additional contracted specialists, nurse practitioners and urology-trained medical assistants.
- Advanced treatment options. The urology specialists are up to date on the latest advances in urologic care, including minimally invasive and robotic-assisted surgery.
- Faster scheduling. Most appointments can be made within two weeks of your referral.
- On-site diagnostic tests using the latest technology. We offer a wide range of diagnostic tests. These include:
- Biopsies (to test for cancer)
- Cystoscopy (to see the inside of the bladder)
- Urodynamics testing (to evaluate bladder and urethra function).
- Personal attention. From the moment you arrive, and throughout your care at Leon Medical Centers, you’ll be treated with our signature white-glove service.
Conditions Treated at Leon Medical Centers
Changes in kidney and bladder function can affect men and women. Older men have a higher risk for sexual dysfunction and prostate gland changes, including prostate cancer. These conditions are treated at Leon, as well as a wide range of common and more complex health problems that affect the urinary system. These include:
- Enlarged and obstructed prostate
- Erectile dysfunction
- Kidney stone disease
- Loss of sexual desire and sexual dysfunction
- Urinary incontinence (loss of bladder control)
- Urinary tract infections
- Urologic cancers (including bladder, kidney and prostate)
Integrated Cancer Care
If you or a loved one are faced with kidney, bladder or prostate cancer, you can count on the specialists at Leon Medical Centers.
The urologists and staff work hand-in-hand with the on-site oncologists and radiologists to provide coordinated, seamless cancer care. The doctors and specialists will review your diagnosis and work with you to create an individualized treatment plan. We’ll talk you through all treatment options so you can make the decision that’s best for you.
If you need to see other specialists, we’ll coordinate those appointments and can drive you there too.
Treatment for Urinary Incontinence
Both men and women experience urinary incontinence (loss of bladder control). Even though it’s more common among older people, urinary incontinence doesn’t have to be an accepted part of aging. We offer care that can help you to live a more independent, active life.
We use surgical and nonsurgical treatments to relieve urinary incontinence. Nonsurgical treatments at our centers, or at outside facilities include:
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation. This physical therapy program is personalized for each patient and can strengthen the muscles that help with bladder control.
- Percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation (PTNS). This treatment uses electrical stimulation to activate the nerves that help with bladder control.
One Place for Care
You can enjoy seamless care at Leon Medical Centers.
The urology services, urgent care centers, diagnostics department and physical therapy locations share the same electronic health record. This helps independent specialists, our specialists and staff coordinate your plan of care. It’s also accessible if you need care while traveling to another city, state or country.
Related Departments, Programs and Services
Because you deserve the best care, we make your care seamless by working directly with other departments, programs and medical services at Leon Medical Centers. These include: