Are you or a loved one noticing any changes to memory, thinking, movement or balance? Please come visit the neurology experts at Leon Medical Centers and tell us about these kinds of changes. It can be scary and hard to talk about, but there is often a medical condition at the root. And it might not be related to your age.
We treat many kinds of brain and nervous system conditions here. The neurologists and contracted specialists understand what you are going through. Like everyone else at Leon Medical Centers, they will treat you with kindness and respect.
You may receive most of your neurological care — from diagnosis to treatment — in one place with our signature white-glove service. If you choose, we are happy to drive you to and from appointments free of charge.
Conditions We Treat
The neurologists and contracted specialists treat many common and complex health problems related to the brain and nervous system. These include:
- Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia
- Headache disorders (including migraine)
- Movement disorders (including Parkinson’s disease)
- Neuromuscular disorders
The neurologists and contracted specialists also provide follow-up care and monitoring for cerebrovascular (the brain and its blood vessels) conditions, like stroke.
On-site Testing and Treatment
All of your care at Leon Medical Centers is coordinated and seamless. The team of neurologists and contracted specialists coordinate with other departments and services at Leon Medical Centers to offer on-site diagnostic testing and the most advanced treatments for neurologic conditions.
On-site diagnostic tests include:
- Angiographic studies. These tests let us view blood vessels. They include computed tomography angiography (CTA) and magnetic resonance angiography (MRA).
- EEG (electroencephalogram) test. This test looks at electrical activity in the brain. It helps diagnose epilepsy and other brain disorders.
- Videonystagmography (VNG). This test helps us pinpoint the cause of dizziness or balance problems.
Available treatments include:
- Botox therapy. Treats headache and movement disorders.
- Medication therapy. Medicine helps treat some neurologic conditions. We treat Parkinson’s disease with different medicines that are now available.
- Physical therapy. Includes vestibular therapy. Treats movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, stroke rehabilitation and balance training.
Epilepsy Care Options
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one-third of all adults with epilepsy are over age 55. Leon Medical Centers offers epilepsy diagnostic studies; one-hour duration and 24-hour duration diagnostic study.
If you need longer epilepsy monitoring, the neurology team and a contracted specialist will coordinate with Baptist Health or the University of Miami to schedule further studies within their Level 4 epilepsy monitoring units.
One Place for Care
You can expect seamless care at Leon Medical Centers.
The neurology clinic, urgent care centers and diagnostics department share the same electronic health record. This helps our team work better together on your plan of care. It’s also accessible if you need care while traveling to another city, state or country.
Related Departments, Programs and Services
You deserve the highest level of care. We make your care seamless by working directly with other Leon Medical Centers’ departments, programs and medical services. These include: