Ophthalmology and Optometry
When you choose to receive your eye care at Leon Medical Centers, you will feel respected and well-cared for. That’s the Leon difference you experience with every visit provided by our staff and by the contracted eye care specialist.
Whether you need new glasses or more specialized eye care, you can get it right here in one place. If you prefer, let us drive you to and from your eye appointments. It’s free and you won’t need to worry about driving home with dilated eyes.
Ophthalmology Care Screens for Eye Problems
Some health problems can be detected in our eyes or affect our vision. Regular eye screenings help spot problems early on. If you need treatment, it can start as soon as possible to preserve your vision as much as possible.
You always get complete eye exams by the contracted eye care independent specialist at the Leon Medical Centers. During these visits the doctors check for:
- Cataracts (clouding of the lens in the eye)
- Glaucoma (high pressure in the eye)
- Macular degeneration (a condition that can lead to vision loss)
- Vision problems
- Other eye diseases
The state-of-the-art equipment creates vivid pictures of your eyes. This makes it easier to spot any problems. The equipment includes:
- A retinal camera to take clear pictures of your retina, so we can check for glaucoma, diabetes and other eye problems.
- A corneal topographer to monitor and measure changes in your cornea, so we can catch problems sooner.
- An optical coherence tomography (OCT) machine to check your retina for problems, such as glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- A phoropter machine to check your eyes for nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism, so you can get the right glasses or contact lenses.
Optometry Care for Vision Exams
The contracted optical centers located at Leon have full optometry services. You can have your eye exam and pick out your new glasses or contact lenses in the same place.
You can choose from a large number of:
- Reading glasses
- Designer frames
- Contact lenses
Easy Diabetes Screening
When you have a routine eye exam, you can have a diabetes screening that doesn’t involve needles or blood. After dilating your eyes, the retinal camera can be used to screen for diabetes. It’s a fast, accurate and easy test. If you have signs of diabetes, your care can start right away.
No Waiting for a Referral
If a health concern with your eyes is identified, your treatment will begin without a referral. Our customer service team will help you schedule an appointment with one of our contracted specialists.
One Place for Care
You can expect a seamless experience when you get care at Leon Medical Centers.
The contracted optical centers, urgent care centers, diagnostics department and other departments share the same electronic health record. This helps the doctors better coordinate your plan of care. It’s also accessible if you need care while traveling to another city, state or country.
Related Departments, Programs and Services
You deserve the highest level of care. That’s why we work with a number of Leon Medical Centers’ departments, programs and medical services. These include: