Sometimes it’s hard to know if you need urgent care, emergency care or if you should call your doctor in the morning. Don’t take chances with your health. Leon Medical Centers is here to help you in any situation — even if you’re not sure what you need.
You may receive urgent care services at Leon that aren’t available anywhere else in the area. If you choose, we’re happy to drive you to and from your appointment free of charge.
Leon Medical Centers Urgent Care is a great solution for many non-emergency conditions, including:
- Abscess (bacterial infection)
- Abdominal pain, non-acute, able to void and pass stools
- Alcohol/drug intoxication
- Bleeding, patient is stable
- Closed fracture (broken bone that has not penetrated the skin)
- COVID-19, Influenza and Streptococcus testing
- Earache/Ear infections
- Drug ingestion, no active vomiting or signs of anaphylactic reaction
- IV/IM antibiotic administration (IV – Intervenous / IM – Intramuscular)
- Medication refill
- Minor eye injury, conjunctivitis, foreign bodies (no vision loss) or active bleeding
- Mild allergic reactions
- Mild asthma exacerbation (difficulty in breathing)
- Minor bites
- Minor burns
- Minor laceration, no active bleeding
- Minor traumatic injuries
- Non-cardiac chest pain
- Renal calculi (kidney stones)
- Sore throat
- STDs (sexually transmitted diseases)
- Suture removal (stitches)
- Vaginal discharge
- Urinary retention less than 1 day
Always go to the hospital for any life-threatening conditions, such as:
- Acute chest pain with dyspnea (difficulty breathing)
- Airway and breathing difficulty
- Anaphylaxis (allergic reaction that can cause you to go into shock)
- Cardiac arrest
- CVA/TIA with neurologic deficit (CVA-Cerebrovascular accident / TIA-Transient ischemic attack)
- Eye injury with loss of vision
- Irregular pulse with symptoms
- Major burn
- Major fractures
- Multiple trauma
- Open chest/abdominal wound
- Poisoning with neurologic changes
- Profound shock
- Respiratory arrest
- Severe head trauma
- Sexual assault
- Uncontrolled hemorrhage
24/7 Hotline Ready to Help
If you’re not sure what kind of care you need, please call our 24/7 hotline. We can:
- Answer your questions
- Connect you with an on-call doctor or other medical personnel
- Send you a paramedic and ambulance when needed
Instant Communication Between Paramedics and Doctors
If you need an ambulance, our contracted paramedics can help you decide if you need to go to an Urgent Care or the emergency room. Our on-call doctors can advise the paramedics, while at your home, as to whether we should take you to the urgent care or the hospital.
Short Wait Time
Since health problems don’t keep business hours, Leon’s Urgent Care clinics are open seven days a week. You are evaluated immediately so we can treat the most urgent problems first. Even if your concern isn’t serious, we will expedite your visit, as we value your time.
Leon offers more services than most urgent care centers, such as infusions and intubations, and life-saving equipment is always on hand for use if needed. Even though we work to treat you quickly, you’ll get the same respect, kindness and family-like feeling you experience with all Leon services.
Full Medical Team and Laboratory On Site
We have a highly trained medical team as well as laboratory available at our Urgent Care, which you won’t find in many other places.
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Point of Care (P.O.C) Laboratory
Equipped for Comfort
The sooner we know what’s bothering you, the sooner we can help you feel better. That’s why we have some of the most advanced equipment available at our Urgent Care centers.
You can get X-rays, CT scans, MRIs and ultrasounds all in one place. In fact, you may not even have to leave the room because some equipment comes to you. Any convenience that saves time can save lives.
Immediate Access to Your Records — and Your Doctor
Leon Urgent Care has full access to your medical records containing all your medical history including medications you are taking and any allergies you may have. You get faster, more efficient care because we don’t have to wait for answers.
We’re connected with your Leon primary care doctor and specialists. Your doctor can advise on your treatment in-person or via a telemedicine consultation so that you can stay informed about the care you receive.
If needed, the hospitalists that have complete access to your medical record and physician can facilitate your admission to the hospital.
That’s the level of personal attention you can only find at Leon Medical Centers.